The filling level of a pillow:
- 1) Filling level approx. 70%: "delivery condition" of the Theraline pillow.>
- 2) approx. 60 - 80%: recommended for use as a positioning aid
- 3) approx. 50 - 70%: recommended for breastfeeding, depending on body size
- 4) approx. 40 - 60%: recommended for use as a bed surround or baby nest*.
Theraline does not recommend its use as a bed surround or baby nest before the baby is 12 months old. Midwives and doctors generally recommend not to use pillows in the sleeping environment of babies!
Since March 2015 we decided to change the refill-opening of our pillows from zipper to an approximately 15 cm long and self-sealing tunnel opening. It might appear complicated in the beginning but we hope to have improved the refilling process for you. If at all only a few beads will fall to the ground or stick to your hands and clothes.
To refill a Theraline nursing pillow via the new refill-opening please proceed as follows:
1. You can easily handle it on your own but we recommend doing it in pairs. Choose a location for your refill where you can easily remove possibly leaking micro-beads with a vacuum cleaner. Take the tube out of the attachment and insert it into the opening at the seam of the refill package. Please make sure you only insert the tube until the marking.
2. You can find the refill opening of the nursing pillow-inlet opposite to the care labels at the outer seam.
a) insert into refill packaging (approx. 5 cm)
b) viewing window
c) insert into pillow refill opening
3. Hold the refill package with the tube facing up and insert the tube until approximately 5 cm into the refill opening of the inlet (meaning approx. 14 cm of the tube have to be inserted into the inlet). If the tube is not inserted deeply enough you will possibly not be able to refill the inlet. Now hold up the refill package for making the micro-beads flow into the inlet. If the tube is not inserted deeply enough you will possibly not be able to refill the inlet. Now hold up the refill package for making the micro-beads flow into the inlet. With the inlet being properly refilled please carefully pull the tube out. Beforehand make sure the tube is not still filled with micro-beads by letting them flow off to either the inlet or the refill package.
We provide you with perfectly filled nursing and support pillows assuring a comfortable and safe lateral position. Thanks to the handy refill opening at the inlet you nevertheless can make use of the opportunity to remove filling. This can for example increase flexibility when directly using it as a nursing pillow. For removing purposes we have equipped the pillow inlet with a self-sealing tunnel opening. You can find it opposite to the care labels at the outer seam. Roll any DIN A4 page to a tight tube (Ø 1,5 cm) and insert approx. 14 cm of it into the tunnel opening. When turning the inlet upside down the micro-beads will flow through the tube and can be collected in a bag. Just remove as much as you need to achieve the favored filling degree. You can certainly as well refill the inlet this way. Tip: either do it outside or have a vacuum cleaner ready to remove possibly leaking micro-beads.
Original Theraline with "old" refill opening
(zip on the ticking):
We recommend that you carry out the refilling with an assistant outdoors and in a place protected from the wind. If you have a Theraline breastfeeding and positioning pillow with a refill opening, the slider of the zip must first be pulled out of the tunnel attached to secure it. Then your assistant should hold the opening open for you. Please pour carefully and slowly. It is important to push the zip slider back in to the end(!) of the tunnel at the end to prevent the filling from escaping unintentionally. Do you already have the new refill pack with tubes? Then open the zip only so far that the tube fits through. However, beads can escape more easily in this case.
Pillow without refill opening:
If you want to refill a pillow that has been sewn shut, the closing seam must first be opened. This is best done with pointed scissors, e.g. nail scissors. The actual refilling can then be carried out as with the breastfeeding pillows with refill opening. Please sew up your pillow again carefully afterwards to prevent the filling from escaping unintentionally.